cat get seismovison to work at all

Moderator: OomJan

lilninja88

cat get seismovison to work at all

Post by lilninja88 »

:shock:
ok i really dont understand this player at all i load up a demo use the arrow keys to try to slow down the demo or speed it up... i looked in the help file read up a little and saw what makes the demo go faster or slower or to stop it or to do anything.. i hit the appropriate keys while playing the demo.. and nothing happens... nothing at all.. i am currently playing quake 3 arena Three Wave demos and i cant get the controls to work at all.. i pretty much need a walk through to get it to work.. i have tried binding the keys in the console when playing the demo but nothing seems to work please help me!!! i have tried several different settings but nothing seems to allow me to speed up the demo or slow it down..HELP!

thank you for your time and consideration
OomJan
Site Admin

Post by OomJan »

When playing a demo, try pressing Esc once. Then try to use the demo controls. If the games quits to the main menu, then I would not know what to do to get the demo controls working in that mod. I also don't have the mod to test it. Tell me if it works, but I hope it does!
Kevin Gardthausen, MCP MCAD MCSD.NET
http://www.nugardt.com - http://www.seismovision.net

this is what u should do

Post by Guest »

ok i had this problem b4 couldnt load ra3 demos.
now this is what u need to do.
look in the seismovision/config files directory. poke around a bit and u should find the .cfg files with names such as high-detail, low-detail, etc. copy one or all of them into ur quake 3 arena/threewave directory. once u launch the demo, pull down the console by hitting the tilde key ~ and type in /exec high-detail or whatever the name of the .cfg file with the graphics settings that u want are. it should say timer enabled. now, check that things work. hit 2 on the keypad - u should get the timer in the upper right hand corner of the screen. now hit 4 - ur restarting the demo, and then ull have the graphics settings corresponding to high-detail.cfg
NOTE: i had the same problem with ra3 demos. that this solution worked with ra3 doesnt necessarily mean that it should work with threewave. but to be absolutely honest, i cannot see why this solution wouldnt work for threewave either. :D
- VoRAdoR (not logged in coz accounts expired)