Is Seismovision for mp only?

Moderator: OomJan

Frag Maniac

Is Seismovision for mp only?

Post by Frag Maniac »

I just downloaded Seismovision to record COD2 as the game's default demo record was not working consistently for me. I followed the tutorial to get started with Seismovision but when browsing for the game's exe it would only detect the mp launcher.

I also found some hotkey binding script for the default COD2 demo record when I was using it but all the searches that lead me to it only spoke of putting it in the mp config files. Why is it that demo record for games that have it are generally used for mp, will they not work for sp as well?

I am playing COD2 at v1.2 with the WiCoPP Reality mod installed. I downloaded the latest version of Seismovision including the new 3.xx_3.1 patch. I would really like to get this or the default game's demo record to work well for sp as I plan to make some sp videos.

I should mention as well that I do not use the high res skin pack for Reality and the version of it tested with the stock COD2 demo record was 2.6 with the 2.6 fix. I also added my own mini mod to Reality which removes the HUD and iron sights zoom as well as adding nade cookoff.

My mini mod works flawlessly with the Reality mod as far as gameplay goes but one of the problems I had with the default COD2 demo was my character's gun not showing until I raised it to iron sights view. The only other problems I had were the red record engaged indicator never showed on screen and many of the clips were only a few seconds long.

The clips being short and the weapon not showing were intermittent glitches but happened more often than not. I was able to get a few recordings in without any glitches other than no record on indicator. My system spec is P4 3G CPU, X800XT and 1G RAM. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
OomJan
Site Admin

Post by OomJan »

Seismovision is for multi player games only. The demand for single player demo play back is extremely low and is only to interest of the movie recorder people. I will not add support for the single player version of a game.
Kevin Gardthausen, MCP MCAD MCSD.NET
http://www.nugardt.com - http://www.seismovision.net