Fatal Error!

Moderator: OomJan

VenoM

Fatal Error!

Post by VenoM »

Hi!
when i try to view a demo, cod2 opens, it loads the first map (farmhouse or which one, i dont know)
and when its supposed to open the map i recorded the demo the game crashes and it tells me
"Fatal Error. Can't create dvar 'cg_shock_volume_shellshock': 1280 dvars already exist"
i click ok and i get a cod2 console windows with:

Loading 'ui_mp/settings_hq.menu'...
Menu load error: ui_mp/settings_hq.menu, line 79: Attempting to change type from 0 to 9.
Move the type definition higher up in the itemDef.

Menu load error: ui_mp/settings_hq.menu, line 80: Attempting to change type from 0 to 9.

Menu load error: ui_mp/settings_hq.menu, line 101: Attempting to change type from 0 to 9.

Menu load error: ui_mp/settings_hq.menu, line 102: Attempting to change type from 0 to 9.

Loading 'ui_mp/settings_sd.menu'...
Loading 'ui_mp/settings_sw.menu'...
Loading 'ui_mp/background.menu'...
recursive error after: Can't create dvar 'cg_shock_volume_shellshock': 1280 dvars already exist

PLEASE HELP!
THANK YOU!
OomJan
Site Admin

Re: Fatal Error!

Post by OomJan »

1280 dvars already exist
This means that the maximum amount of in game variables has been reached. Seismovision 3 adds a lot due to the demo controls such as volume and third person rotate. The only way to fix this is to strip your own config or Seismovision config file from those variables.

To do this open Seismovision and go to the options screen of the game. Where it says Demo Control Config is a button called Edit. Click on it. Your default text editor (probably Notepad) will open with alot of text.

Example:

Code: Select all

// Toggles Timer
set seis_timer_enable "cg_drawtimer 1; bind kp_downarrow vstr seis_timer_disable; echo ^1Timer ^1Disabled;"
set seis_timer_disable "cg_drawtimer 0; bind kp_downarrow vstr seis_timer_enable; echo ^1Timer ^1Enabled;"
bind kp_downarrow "vstr seis_timer_enable;"
All lines with "set ..." are variable declarations. Add a double-slash ("//") to the beginning of those lines to comment them. Meaning that those lines will be ignored by the game.

Example:

Code: Select all

// Toggles Timer
//set seis_timer_enable "cg_drawtimer 1; bind kp_downarrow vstr seis_timer_disable; echo ^1Timer ^1Disabled;"
//set seis_timer_disable "cg_drawtimer 0; bind kp_downarrow vstr seis_timer_enable; echo ^1Timer ^1Enabled;"
//bind kp_downarrow "vstr seis_timer_enable;"
I hope this information helps you.
Kevin Gardthausen, MCP MCAD MCSD.NET
http://www.nugardt.com - http://www.seismovision.net
VenoM

Re: Fatal Error!

Post by VenoM »

by changing that in the Seismovision cfg it fixed this problem but another one came up....
at least you told me it was the problem with the CFG not with the game or Seismovision....
i just changed my game cfg (which i use for recording) and it works!
Thank you for your time! keep up the good work :D